The Beauty Construct
Kristen Race | Brain Science 101: Taking the Stress out of Stress Management
Dr. Kristen Race is not your average “sit on a cushion for twenty minutes” kind of mindfulness guru. A trained neuroscientist and self-described “brain geek,” Kristen has spent the last 12 years studying the adverse effects our busy modern lives have on the health of our brains and bodies. Tune in as we explore the nexus between mindfulness and neuroscience, and learn the scientifically-backed strategies Kristen has developed to balance your brain so you can experience balance in your life.
- What is mindfulness?
- Why is mindfulness becoming more relevant today?
- Kristen’s personal journey to leading a mindful life
- The “stressed out parents raising stressed out kids” paradigm
- The fight, flight or freeze response
- The science behind mindfulness
- Incorporating mindfulness into our daily lives
- Sampling an informal PBR practice
- Benefits of practicing mindfulness
- Mindfulness in the corporate world
- Brandi’s confession
- A Moxie Tribe
- Mindfulness and productivity – is it possible?